The department processes applications for welding/cutting, tents or canopies exceeding 400 square feet, certain types/quantities of hazardous materials storage and use. Permits are also required for underground tank installation and/or removal, religious burning, carnivals, fairs, pyrotechnic activities, and assembly occupancies. Some permits require a fee. For more information about obtaining a permit call (909) 866-7566.